Thursday, March 4, 2010

One more day!

Courtney's Travel Tip #1- Being ready to go 3 days before you leave is both a blessing and a curse.
So I've been packed for days... and when I say days I mean 5 of the longest days I've had to endure. I zipped up my suitcase with much huffing, puffing, pushing, pulling and cursing on Sunday afternoon and since then have been staring longingly at the smallest suitcase I've ever packed. I've taken more stuff to Austin for a weekend and now I'm going away for two weeks and I've stuffed as much as I could into as little space as I could and am hoping to God that Europeans don't have high standards when it comes to clean clothing.

I packed my carry on luggage on Monday. I have 4... yes you read that right... 4 chargers alone in that carry on bag. I'm taking so many electronics that I had to leave my Rick Steves book out. The book that is supposed to "guide" me through the trip is going to have a great time on this trip sitting on the floor of my closet. But God knows I can't travel without my portable DVD player. And iPod. And rented cell phone. And... I can't even remember what the 4th one is for!

I got my Euros on Tuesday, so that meant the money belt is packed. Yes dear friends, I'm wearing a money belt which is for all intents and purposes a glorified fanny pack. Never fear, it's going to be hidden under my dirty clothes but it's still a fanny pack. BUT someone will have to get REALLY close to pick pocket this gal so give it your best shot Eurocriminals!

But there is an upside to all of this pre-trip prep. I get to relax and live this last week stress free, no huffing over anything, no puffing at all (except for when I had to bring the worlds smallest suitcase downstairs). No cursing. Okay I am fibbing on that last one, but that shouldn't shock anyone.

So here I sit, all dressed up with nowhere to go (yet), but it's closer every minute and I can barely contain myself. I know I'm bordering on annoying with my constant talk of this trip, but I just don't care! We're going to effing EUROPE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment