Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hang on tight kids... we've got lots of travel tips on this one!

Courtney's Travel Tip #6: If you refuse to pay for an Amsterdam bus, and then go up to the driver and stick out your tongue blow a raspberry, expect to get thrown off the bus.

And when I say thrown off... I mean grabbed by the collar and literally and physically thrown off the bus. Now just to clarify, this was not something that happened to me personally, but I was a witness and if this had happened in the US, we each would have been asked to testify for either the driver or the guy who didn't pay at the civil trial.

Courtney's Travel Tip #7: If you are ever in Amsterdam, you have to go to a "traditional Dutch Bar" and tell me what you think. Because what I personally think is that all it really is is just a drunk guy who is literally drinking out of a bottle of Jager with a straw and he's singing cover songs that drive drunk Dutch people WILD! Oh and according to the random Dutch guys who were showing us some hospitality there was a famous soccer player in the bar with us. Oh yeah, we were drinking in the same bar that is frequented by all sorts of famous Hollandish people. We were like VIP's that night. BUT we did make some friends for the night who were more than willing to show us their idea of a great night in Amsterdam! (And feed us drinks all night which I was not sorry to have happen!) That being said... still no red light district. Oh well, I guess that means no corruption for me! DARN!

SO, we started Tuesday with a little hiccup. Due to unforseen circumstances (a stomach bug for Caz) we missed our first train to Paris on Tuesday morning and had to book a different one a little later in the day when she was feeling up to it. Can I just say that my friend is a TROOPER. Let's just leave it with me saying that I could not have done what she did that day so I am forever going to remember how she was able to get through that whole thing. We only missed out on a couple of hours in Brussels which did not make me sad at all and we've officially moved on to Paris.

Courtney's Travel Tip #8: When you have a view of the Eiffel Tower from your hotel room it's pretty hard to complain about anything. Oh yeah... I went there!

So after a scallop dinner to die for last night, we had all day to explore today.

Courtney's Travel Tip #9: Steps suck

Sacre Coure= Steps, steps, and more steps. But the views are worth it. The pains I am going to have in my legs tomorrow, well... I'll have to get back to you on that one!

Courtney's Travel Tip #10: When writing a blog and you've missed the last 48 hours, make sure you have more than 30 minutes on the hotel computer!

And since I only have 2 min left: I'll riddle you with this...

You're in Amsterdam and a random guy sitting at the table next to you offers you a brownie... do you eat it? I'll let you think on that and tell you the answer tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I've felt like grabbing someone by the collar and tossing them off a bus. Never brave enough to do it, though. Glad it wasn't YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brownie yes. Throw someone off the bus. Of course! No Red Light District? BOO!!!

    ReplyDelete